Pam Handy is the current Chairperson of the Wentworth/Dareton Community Working Party.
Wenworth/Dareton Community Priorities and Priority Actions
- Develop and deliver a cultural renewal programme which strengthens Aboriginal identity and allows our people to reconnect with culture;
- Take a proactive approach to developing a respectful relationship with housing providers to ensure improvement across all aspects of social housing management and alignment with community values;
- Foster delivery of consistent, accountable health and human services which address the many factors affecting the safety of our community members;
- Pursue initiatives which provide and foster growth of a sustainable economic base for our community, including building the capacity of our community members to enter and remain in the workforce; and
- Advocate for increased opportunities in the classroom for our children to strengthen cultural identity and be supported to higher levels of academic achievement.
Wentworth/Dareton Community Action Plan - November 2019