Garry Trindall is the current Walgett Community Working Party Chairperson.
Walgett Community Priorites and Priority Actions
- Establish a local housing r&m business to reduce wait times for urgent repairs, prevent deterioration of housing stock and create employment;
- Provide for the sustainability of our valued cultural learning hub, keeping place and cultural exhibition centre and resource the centre’s Elders support programmes;
- Enhance the range and condition of the physical infrastructure which underpins our ability to deliver health and human services to the community, with particular reference to early childhood services.
- Advocate for the means to build the capacity of local young people to succeed to governance and management positions within our organisations; and
- Develop a new youth centre and youth organisation to facilitate and deliver youth activities, including integrating and/or coordinating existing youth services.
Walgett Community Action Plan - November 2019