Xander is a Murdi Paaki Young & Emerging Leader and also the interim Cobar CWP Chairperson.
Cobar Community Priorities and Priority Actions
- Improve the well-being of Aboriginal children and young people in Cobar;
- Provide a cultural and spiritual environment for our people, including raising the wider community’s awareness and understanding of Aboriginal culture and creating opportunities for families to be connected to Country and identity;
- Raise our capacity to participate in identifying, planning and implementing activities and projects that address CWP priorities and community needs, including developing a stakeholder/CWP engagement protocol;
- Actively encourage increased activity in business creation and acquisition and greater participation of local Aboriginal people in the workforce; and
- Work in partnership with housing providers to increase the stock of housing to meet all the needs of our community.
Cobar Community Action Plan - November 2019