Douglas Dennis is the current Chairperson of the Bourke Community Working Party.
Bourke Community Priorities and Priority Actions
- Support, encourage and reinforce our cultural ide
particularly through collection and documentation of oral histories;
- Nurture and protect our children, teach them about the value of life, and immerse them in cultural practices and language;
- Assist our people to lead long, healthy and rewarding lives;
- Improve the governance of our local organisations and community groups and aspire to be fair, open, transparent, equitable and honest dealings with the community; and
- Create enterprises capable of bringing wealth to the community.