Rhonda is currently the Chairperson on the Wilcannia CWP
Wilcannia Community Priorities and Priority Actions
- Advocate for resources to strengthen cultural identity and assist community members to reconnect with their culture as the means of re-asserting the influence of traditional values in the community;
- Negotiate greatly enhanced service delivery in the social housing sector to ensure access to adequate, affordable and defect-free housing. Assist community members to transition to home ownership where there is interest;
- Foster access to locally-based culturally safe health and human services which address the many factors affecting the wellbeing of our community members;
- Pursue initiatives which create a sustainable economic base for our community, including increasing paid employment opportunities; and
- Facilitate initiatives which tackle poor early childhood development outcomes and support children to reach higher levels of educational achievement.
Wilcannia Community Action Plan – November 2019